TERMS & CONDITIONS
As a new customer of ACom, you will need to register your details with us. This ensures that we have all the information we need to fulfil your order, or contact you in the unlikely event of a problem with your order.
Private individuals may not order items of Street Pastor uniform. These items must be ordered only by the local Street Pastor Initiative Coordinator or member of the management group through the local Street Pastors’ email address.
To register, you will need to follow the ‘My account’ link at the top of this page. You will be redirected to a ‘New customer – create account’ dialogue box. To register we simply require a valid email address and a billing address that corresponds with the address at which your debit/credit card is registered. Once we have this information you will be able to start shopping straightaway.
You can sign up for our email newsletters, where you’ll be the first to know about new and forthcoming items available through our website.
As you browse through our online store you can add items to your ‘Shopping basket’, which is always visible wherever you are on the website.
You can add or remove items at any time, prior to completing your purchase at the ‘Checkout’.
Once you are at the checkout, we use the strongest and most secure version of 128-bit Secure Socket Layers (SSL) encryption. This is the industry standard for e-commerce and the best solution currently available for secure, online commerce transactions. SSL encrypts all of your personal information, including your credit/debit card number, name and address. This ensures that your details cannot be read as they travel over the internet.
Once your order is submitted, a confirmation message will be sent to your registered email address. Our site is secure and we will only take payment on despatch of your item.
All prices are for online purchases only.
- Pricing and Payments
All charges are in UK pounds (£).
All overseas orders will be charged in their respective currencies, based on current exchange rates.
Once we have confirmed your order, we will take payment from your credit/debit card and your goods will be despatched within 7 days.
Prices displayed in your shopping basket are the current prices of the goods and the amount you will be charged for each item when submitting your order.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
You can pay by any American Express, MasterCard or Visa credit card, Visa, Switch or Delta debit card. Unfortunately, we cannot currently accept Solo or Electron cards.
Prices exclude postage and packing.
Items that are subject to VAT have the current rate reflected in their RRP.
- Shipping and Delivery
Please be aware that the following delivery times are included as guidelines and actual delivery will depend on stock availability.
Please ensure that your shipping address details are correct, as they are copied directly from the information you give us when submitting your order. We are not responsible for orders with incorrect or missing information should they not reach you.
Due to size/weight restrictions we may upgrade orders placed using the first class, second class and overseas surface mail options to courier delivery. This is at no extra charge.
All orders placed on this website are sent in one consignment. If there are items in your order that are not in stock in our warehouse, this may delay shipment of your order.
If, after 7 days there are items still outstanding, we will despatch those that are available.
Our delivery costs comply with current Royal Mail standard shipping costs by weight, with extra handling charge.
Please note, orders received after 3pm will not be dealt with on the same day. Also, orders received on Wednesday’s may not be dispatched until the following day, and orders received on a Friday may not be dispatched until the following Monday.
Please note, we are not currently accepting overseas orders on our website. Please contact us by emailing us at email@example.com if you wish to place an overseas order.
- Viewing Orders
- Once you’ve placed an order with us, it goes through various stages before it is despatched – including payment authorisation and packing, right through to “completed”.
- You can check at what stage (the status) your order is by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Returns and Replacements
We hope that you are pleased with your purchase from our website, however we do understand that occasionally, you may need to return goods to us. We’ve set out below the main reasons why goods tend to be returned, so please read all of the categories and follow the returns process which you feel applies to you.
Please note that our Returns Policy for Consumers does not affect your statutory rights. You can get more information about your statutory rights from the Citizens Advice Bureau (www.citizensadvice.org.uk) or Consumer Direct (www.direct.gov.uk). We reserve the right to inspect the goods and verify any fault(s) and/or any damage.
If You Have Simply Changed Your Mind
If you have ordered goods from us, but then simply decided that you wish to cancel your order, then you are entitled to do so and have any money that you have paid to us refunded, provided that the goods have been unopened, and have not been in your possession for more than 7 Working Days after the day on which you received the goods (‘Working Day’ means all days other than Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays).
You will receive a refund via your original payment method as soon as reasonably practicable, but no later than 30 days after the cancellation of your order.
If we collect the goods from you, we will charge you for the cost of collection (and we may if we wish deduct this from your refund).
Goods Are Faulty On Arrival
If you find that your goods are faulty on arrival, then you are entitled to a repair, replacement or a refund. Please note that for some goods it may be disproportionately costly to repair those goods, and so where this is the case, then we will give you a replacement or a refund.
Goods Become Faulty During Use
If your goods become faulty after delivery, we will always instruct you to contact the manufacturer directly for a warranty repair or replacement. This is often the quickest way to have a fault resolved. For example in some cases, manufacturers provide a special full on-site service and/or telephone help facilities for your convenience. Alternatively you can contact us directly if the goods do not conform to the contract made between us.
Please note that in some cases it may be disproportionately costly to repair the goods, and so where this is the case, then you will receive replacement goods. Where any faulty goods are to be returned to us, then please ensure that the goods are not damaged and are packed for return in a secure and protected way.
Goods Damaged On Arrival
If you discover that your goods are visibly damaged on arrival, you should either write on the delivery note that the packaging is damaged, or refuse to accept the delivery. Please also contact us within 7 days with details of the damage. This will help us considerably in raising the matter with our appointed courier. Once the damaged goods have been received back into our warehouse, then we will replace them. In most cases, where goods are being returned to us due to damage on arrival, then a repair is simply not practicable.
Goods Not As Ordered
If you receive goods from us that differ from what you have ordered, then we require that you notify us within 7 days.
Goods Or Order Duplicated
In the event that that your order or goods have been duplicated by mistake, then please notify us as soon as possible.
- Privacy and Security
Acom is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Ascension Trust and your information may be shared with the Ascension Trust only.
- We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and we comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
The information we collect and how we use it
- When you register with our website and/or place an order, we need to know your name, delivery address, credit or debit card number and expiry date, email address and telephone number. This information allows us to fulfil your order and notify you of the status of your order. All orders may be fulfilled using a third party service provider and we will therefore pass on your details to that service provider so that they can deliver your goods to you. The third party service provider has undertaken to us that they will protect that information, will not pass it on, and not use it for any other purpose than to deliver your ordered goods to you.
- We may also ask you to give us optional contact information, for example your mobile number and demographic information like your age.
- If you subscribe to our mailing lists for other information, you will be asked to specify the areas in which you are interested so that we can tailor the information which we send to you to cover the goods and services which we believe you might be interested in.
- We may, from time to time, send with your ordered products, inserts advertising the goods or services of unrelated third party companies. We do not pass on your personal data to these third party companies.
- We may also use your information for the purpose of providing you with information about any special offers, events or features of our website which we think may be of interest to you and for related marketing purposes.
- We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and your details on our database.
- We monitor customer traffic on an aggregate basis in order to help us develop and improve our website for the benefit of our customers. In order to enhance your use of the website you will be given a session ID which will only last for the duration of that visit to the site. Each time you visit the site you will have a different session ID.
- Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer while you are visiting a website; cookies help make websites work. For further information about cookies and how they are used, please visit allaboutcookies.org .
- Cookies help us to recognise when you next visit our website and note the advertisements displayed to you. This allows us to tailor the service we provide to your preferences.
- You can usually change your browser so that it will not accept cookies.
Security of your information
- We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us. This is to prevent unauthorised access or unlawful processing of your personal information. We keep your information confidential and store it on a secure server which is password protected and hidden behind a firewall from the outside world. We use secure socket layer software (SSL) to encrypt all of your personal information including your credit/debit card number and your name and address. Acom’s internal procedures cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
- The Verisign Secure Site Program allows you to learn more about web sites you visit before you submit any confidential information. When you see a Verisign logo, clicking on it will verify that this website is secure.
Non-disclosure to third parties
- Unless we have your express consent, we will only disclose your personal data to third parties if this is required for the purpose of completing your transaction with us. This is subject to the proviso that we may disclose or transfer your data to a partner company where you have supplied information via a site which is co-branded with that partner company or to members of our own group. If personally identifying data about you may be shared with a partner company, we will tell you before we collect or transfer the data so that you may opt out of this transfer if you wish.
- We use your information only as set out in this Policy and will not sell, rent or pass your information on to others for marketing purposes without your express consent.
- We may however provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third-party vendors and relevant affiliate partners, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information. We may also release account information where we believe in good faith that this release is reasonably necessary to comply with the law.
- Updating Account Information
You must ensure that the information recorded on your User Account is always accurate and up to date and we shall not be liable for any loss arising out of your failure to do so. We may ask you at any time to confirm the accuracy of your information or to provide documents or other evidence.
We may contact you by e-mail or in other ways with information or notices regarding your User Account. It is your responsibility to regularly check the proper functioning of your e-mail account or other methods of communication that you have registered with your User Account and to retrieve and read messages relating to your User Account promptly. We shall not be liable for any loss arising out of your failure to do so.